ThemeNcode is happy to announce that we just released a new version of PDF viewer for WordPress! PDF viewer for WordPress Version 3.0 is here. This post is to let you know about the latest features & Updates.
It’s a BIG UPDATE!
1. Added TinyMCE Button: Now you can create shortcodes more easily. We have added a new TinyMCE button to create shortcodes easily.
2. Added a PDF Upload Page: We have added a new page in the backend where you can upload a pdf & get a link to that file. You can use that link while generating a shortcode using the TinyMCE button
3. Settings menu moved: ThemeNcode PDF Viewer menu now moved to just below Media Menu.
4. Fixed Social Sharing Hiding Option: There was a small issue with hiding social sharing buttons which are now fixed.
5. New shortcode tnc-pdf-viewer-image: We’ve added a new shortcode for linking to pdf files with an image/thumbnail. You can find more about this new shortcode & its parameters on the Documentation page
6. new shortcode parameter for linking to a specific page: Now you can send users to a specific page of a pdf file directly with any of the shortcodes. We’ve added a new parameter called page which you can use for this purpose. More information on this can be found on the documentation page
7. new shortcode parameter for default zoom: Now you can send users to a specific page of a pdf file directly with any of the shortcodes. We’ve added a new parameter called default zoom which you can use for this purpose. More information on this can be found on the documentation page
8. Fixed compatibility with PHP 5.2 (_DIR_ constant issue): A few users reported this issue with Admin Panel & it’s now fixed.
9. Fixed issue with automatic email sending: A few users reported that they were getting random emails from the page. We did a fix for this.
10. Added Automatic Iframe Option: Now you can have all your pdf links changed to an iframe with a viewer. Simply activate the option on the settings page. Previously we had only an Automatic link option.
11. Fixed visibility of items on smaller screens
Please let us know via our support portal if you find any issues or need any help. We’ll get in touch as soon as possible.
We hope you will enjoy the new version of PDF viewer for WordPress! Keep Playing 🙂